Logo

honda bf60

walleyejack1

Am having a hard time locating a tilt and trim motor for the Honda. Tried an aftermarket fits and works, but leaks oil, so thats not going to work, Can t get one from Honda till end of October earliest, and $775. don t feel like spending that on a small motor. Can t even source a used one and don t know if would have same issue. I m trying to search around for someone that can rebuild it. It can t be that difficult.
Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated.
TIA Al

The motor leaking fluid seems unusual to me unless you're referring to the trim unit as a whole. But, I certainly don't know everything about these.

If you are referring to the motor only, www.boats.net lists the part number below as available for $541.04

36120-ZZ3-003

Another member here, chawk_man, has recommended a brand called API as an excellent and less expensive alternative but I searched his posts and did not find 36120-ZZ3-003 listed in the cross reference that he posted.

But, hopefully, he reads this and can provide you with some additional information.

Good luck.

The motor leaking fluid seems unusual to me unless you're referring to the trim unit as a whole. But, I certainly don't know everything about these.

If you are referring to the motor only, www.boats.net lists the part number below as available for $541.04

36120-ZZ3-003

Another member here, chawk_man, has recommended a brand called API as an excellent and less expensive alternative but I searched his posts and did not find 36120-ZZ3-003 listed in the cross reference that he posted.

But, hopefully, he reads this and can provide you with some additional information.

Good luck.
the engine is not leaking oil.
the dealer installed 36120-ZZ3-003 and it worked fine, except it was leaking oil, so the shaft or the seals going to the pump are too small. Pumping oil from the gearbox or whatever one calls the unit that the motor attaches to.
thanks for looking

Back