Logo

Honda BF150A

Beerandboats

Hi. Could anybody please advise me as to what this rubber pipe is on my Honda BF150A? When I returned from my fishing trip last weekend this hose had detached in the middle (the connector had separated). I have reconnected it but, try as I might, I have so far been unable to find out what this pipe is for or whether I have a problem with it having come apart whilst the engine was in use. Any advice would be much appreciated. Cheers, Alan
1682935246667.png

It looks like the petit tube for measuring your speed on the water. It goes to a small hole on the front of your lower unit, then snakes back up through the engine compartment, and out the engine all the way to the instrument panel on your console. Because that little hoe is notorious for getting plugged up, a lot of folks, including me, just plug it as it comes out of the engine compartment and install an external petit on the transom. $12 - $15 most anywhere, including Walmart.

It looks like the petit tube for measuring your speed on the water. It goes to a small hole on the front of your lower unit, then snakes back up through the engine compartment, and out the engine all the way to the instrument panel on your console. Because that little hoe is notorious for getting plugged up, a lot of folks, including me, just plug it as it comes out of the engine compartment and install an external petit on the transom. $12 - $15 most anywhere, including Walmart.

Many thanks, CHawk_man. That makes perfect sense as the speedo dial has never worked for me (I take the speed reading from the GPS anyway). At least I now know this tube parting did not cause water damage or contamination so this is quite a relief. Thank you for taking the time to respond, it is very much appreciated. Kind regards, Alan

Back