Logo

help with engine swap

hello everyone,
so im in a problem situation here i have a 96 wellcraft with a 5.7 mercruiser that a exhaust valve fell into a cylinder and crumbled the topside of the piston while grooving the wall about a 16th of a inch in 4 places so i pulled out engine and bought a older 4 bolt main block not knowing that it has a 2 piece crank instead of a one piece like the original engine...my question is what do i have to do to make it work with the flywheels being different? my alpha 1 gen 2 coupler wont bolt up to the new flywheel.do they make a adapter?

hello everyone,
so im in a problem situation here i have a 96 wellcraft with a 5.7 mercruiser that a exhaust valve fell into a cylinder and crumbled the topside of the piston while grooving the wall about a 16th of a inch in 4 places so i pulled out engine and bought a older 4 bolt main block not knowing that it has a 2 piece crank instead of a one piece like the original engine...my question is what do i have to do to make it work with the flywheels being different? my alpha 1 gen 2 coupler wont bolt up to the new flywheel.do they make a adapter?
Get the earlier crank mounted coupler. Same answer as you were given in the thread on the other forum…

same two guys answering here as on other i boats.…

Back