Logo

HELP.... so my 54 fleetwin 7.5 h.p. threw a rod ,where can i find parts?

Matthew Hugo

so i have had this motor for almost a year, and was wondering if it was worth the 250.00 i spent on it. So i took it to a outboard technician that was told to me by someone at the launch. Long story short i ws told to run 50:1 and maybe a week later while on the river it threw a rod. I have someone who will assist in the rebuilding of said motor if(1) I am able to find the parts (2) they are reasonably priced, thank you .

Common mistake to run one of those on 50:1 instead of 16:1------------Look on the --------aomci ------------website------------Then place a wanted add for the parts.--------A newer 6 HP with needle bearing might be a better choice.

Don't bite my head off guys But, do you really want to spend more money that the engine is worth, to fix it? Purchase a newer engine for a few dollars more and go boating.

Don't bite my head off guys But, do you really want to spend more money that the engine is worth, to fix it? Purchase a newer engine for a few dollars more and go boating.
thanks everyone for the info. I have talked with my more intelligent half and think it is wiser to do as dock side marinas says . It might make a nice ornament though.

Back