Logo

Help me find this hose!

RiverRunner23

Hey guys,

Today while running my 1996 Mercury 175 EFI in a tank I noticed a lot of water in my bottom cowl. It only ran for about 5 minutes. Upon investigation I found a leak in this (picture attached) hose that leads from my flush hole on the back of my engine to the block itself. How is water even getting in that location? Shouldn’t the brass fitting have a check valve in it to only allow water in while flushing as opposed to out while running? Regardless, I need to replace it. In the photo you can see a thin stream of water in the 7oclock position. Please help, I’ve looked everywhere. It’s about 3 inches long, maybe one inch diameter then necked down to fit that small brass fitting. Thank you! I’m ready to get this thing out on the water!871441A9-1789-4306-B3E3-1EAF63F9CA97.jpeg

You’re right, that’s it! That’s the one I need, it’s compromising my water pressure. Looks like it doesn’t exist anymore though. Can’t find one, but at least now I know.

You’re right, that’s it! That’s the one I need, it’s compromising my water pressure. Looks like it doesn’t exist anymore though. Can’t find one, but at least now I know.
The list of the 5 marine dealers I provided above suggests that they "may have" the item still in stock in their parts room from years back... You'll have to call each one of the dealers and see if they are willing to sell and send one out to you via the mail system.
Good luck.

I think it's just a rubber hose - take it off and find one with the same inside diameter and length. The parts diagram shows 57.00 Inches Bulk cut to 8" for each motor.

The list of the 5 marine dealers I provided above suggests that they "may have" the item still in stock in their parts room from years back... You'll have to call each one of the dealers and see if they are willing to sell and send one out to you via the mail system.
Good luck.
Thank you. I will try them.

Back