Logo

Helm/Flybridge - Stop override button

mcentyre

I have a boat with a Honda BF150. I'm having a problem with it turning over and not starting. I've ran through the usual culprits and can't find the problem. I bought the boat last year knowing it needed some work, but the engine ran fine. This boat has a fly deck with controls. The control panel with the igition switch has the usual indicator lights but it also has a light and button for "Stop Override". I have searched and search and cannot find any information about what function this provides. The light is lit and it has instructions to press the button before starting if the light is lit. The button doesn't seem to do anything. Since I can't find information on it, I don't know if it's my problem. Does anyone have any information or experience with this? Best I can find is that the part number for the indicator set is 36552-ZW7-621AH.
Pushing the button doesn’t have an affect.

Attachments

• IMG_5113.jpeg
    IMG_5113.jpeg
    650 KB · Views: 3
I did a lot of wire tracing this weekend. The kill switch wiring is definitely shorted. It's somewhere in the wiring harness. I couldn't find a relay so either there isn't one or it's somewhere in the harness. I was able to remove the kill circuit wire (black with red stripe) from the connector from the boat to the engine and it fired right up. I'm not sure what the solution is to the wiring besides replacing the wiring harness which would be a significant $ and time investment.

Back