Logo

Heart Transplant

crakajak

Gday again, Can anyone tell me with a degree of certainty whether or not I can fit the ignition and associated systems from a 1985 95hp crossflow onto a 1972 100hp xflow powerhead and then is it possible to mount the 100hp onto of the 90hp mid section and gearbox?

Thanks for for all help.

Crakas

Hi and thanks for the heads up, picked up the 110 yesterday a 1972 hydroelectric 110hp, to me on first impressions it looks to have a heavier/stronger block. Do you know if these hydro shift things were ever anygood.

Hydro- electric shift is ----well engineered and a wonderful shift system, great stuff and reliable too !!!----------scoffed at by most people today and said to be worthless.--------------There are issues with the ignition sytems on those motors !!!-------------------No 110 HP ever marketed with electric shift----------------Not sure how you could look at it and decide that the block appears to be heavier / stronger.

Last edited:
I do stand corrected the 72 is a 100hp hydro. If you take a close look at the block of the 1972 and the block of say a 1988 you will notice differences in the casting marks that would indicate a different casting process. The cylinder heads have extra webbing in places as does the block, subtle differences. Just on observation it appears that the block of the 1972 100hp looks beefier

Back