Logo

Gas Tank slow fill

tlowemv

My Parker 2310 dual fuel tanks apear to be having some vapor lock or crimped fill line issues. Hull vents are open - but still I'm only able to fill very, very slowly so not to backup and spill. The engine operates normally - so flow from tanks appears fine. Any experience or ideas?

Had that on our boat when new....after a fuel season a painfully slow refills, found the 1.5" fill line wasn't installed correctly and the vent line had a restriction. Installing both with a constant downward slope (no low point to make a trap) resolved all the slow fill issues.

Inspect all the hoses, every inch....our vent line had a "splice" that was behind a bulkhead. Looked fine in the mirror but told a differnet story once the hose was removed and the joint disassembled.

A final note, when you reinstall the hoses, make sure they are supported properly. it will keep 'dynamic issues' from happening later on.

Thanks, Makomark . . . I'll check the hoses closer. Could static electricity caused by improper wire grounding be a possible issue too?

Could it be an issue? Yes, but I doubt you have that issue as you are still posting. Static buildup usually results in a big bang; I've never seen it effect the fill rate of the tank.

Agree will all Makomark posted. I had a similar problem on my previous C-Hawk. Even after I shortened and straightened the fill hose, it would still kick back. Found that if you don't put the nozzle in all the way, and keep is pointed straight down, it helped alot.

have a boat with a built in vent and fuel fill in the same line with a vented gas cap, on the trailer the boat would fill with gas like it was free, on the water after a few gallons it spit right back at me. here the marine fill nozel was just slightly larger in diameter not letting the air vent out when filling, changed the fuel fill and even added a locking insert and that solved the problem.

http://www.westmarine.com/1/1/27752-locking-insert-deck-fills.html

Back