Logo

Gas leak from air vent

mgssrs

Took my BF75D in for warranty on a little erratic miss that only happened occasionally at lower speeds. The dealer winterized it last fall and started work on it this spring and said they found sand or some particles in the fuel filters. I never had any high-speed problems that seem like plug fuel system it seemed more electrical to me. They charged me $1,200 for replacing all the fuel filters fuel lines flushing the injectors and fuel system. And then Honda decided to replace the fuel pressure regulator under warranty.
Now I get it in the lake and it's leaking gas bad out of the vent tube. I'm assuming it's due to a stuck check valve. Anybody have this happen to theirs?

The gas is coming out of vent tube #6 in this picture.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220529-172647_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220529-172647_Chrome.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 23
Nope.

If there's debris there, there's very likely debris in the VST that should be cleaned out too. Short cuts here will very often turn around and bite your butt. Not worth it....

Nope.

If there's debris there, there's very likely debris in the VST that should be cleaned out too. Short cuts here will very often turn around and bite your butt. Not worth it....

Thanks I know you are right. I don't have much trust in the dealer at this point. The pontoon is in the water and I don't have a trailer plus the dealer is 30 miles away and said they are booked out 2 weeks. I'm tempted to pull the VST myself but then I'm sure that would be the end of my warranty and the VST is very expensive.

Back