Logo

Fuel Line connector for '84 Mercury 35 HP

EdBass

Hi all,
I bought a new fuel line connector, part number 22831Q 3 to add to my new quicksilver gray fuel line. The brass nipple in the package was not attached to the connector at the factory. Should I put Gasolia or any other type of fuel safe sealant on the threads before I install the nipple or is this designed to create a tight seal without sealant?

Also,
Has anyone replace the old bayonet fuel line connector in their motor with a new "Quicksilver 816856Q3 Quick Disconnect Fuel Line Connector" to completely switch it to the new connector type? It looks like the bolt will hold it in place on the engine.

Thanks,
Ed

Hi all,
I bought a new fuel line connector, part number 22831Q 3 to add to my new quicksilver gray fuel line. The brass nipple in the package was not attached to the connector at the factory. Should I put Gasolia or any other type of fuel safe sealant on the threads before I install the nipple or is this designed to create a tight seal without sealant?

Also,
Has anyone replace the old bayonet fuel line connector in their motor with a new "Quicksilver 816856Q3 Quick Disconnect Fuel Line Connector" to completely switch it to the new connector type? It looks like the bolt will hold it in place on the engine.

Thanks,
Ed
Yes use sealant. Not sure on the second part of your question

Back