Logo

Ford model no 2771E im competely lost

marv88

Hey guys im completely new to this forum im a boat builder by trade and qualified engineer........any way i've just come across a ford engine and really want to restore it but know nothing about his engine i mainly handle beta's and yanmars.
the model number is 2711E the build no is 511/341/461/254 and date/serial number is D 8680/19 many thanks guys and as much or little info is welcome

Hi, you have a ford dorset diesel 254 cubic inch. These are great little engines which we at lehman power marinized. The actual serial # is behind the injection pump where the block meets the cylinder head there is a flat area ground into the block . The # starts with s and is six digits long. If you tell me what it is i will advise the year.
I have lots of gaskets and internal parts. Plus marine engine.com has manuals.

excellent thankyou very much charlie..........i shall have a look at that later many thanks
i also assume thery're direct water cooled as theirs no heat exchanger! and theirs no exhaust manifold with it are they easy to find????????

Last edited:
Hi marv, our engines were heat exchanger cooled and had a water cooled exhaust manifold. Heat exchanger is available but manifold may be hard to come by. Suggest you try american diesel corp 802 435 3107 hope this helps, charlie

Back