Logo

Force 120 Prop issue 1995 120

BARRYP

I have a 1995 Force 120 Motor on a 18' Maxum. The original prop was damaged so I ordered a new prop. It was a 13 1/4 x 19 pitch prop. I could not generate more than 3000 rpm & 5-10mph. Once I pulled the prop I saw that the prop was rubbing against the motor & wearing a groove in the prop where it meets the motor. I found that the plastic spacer that came with the Prop got worn down & there was now play in the prop as it was sliding on the shaft. I could not tighten the nut up anymore. What suggestions do we have?

Last edited:
Re: Force 120 Prop issue

Your missing a spacer or thrust hub.Do NOT!!!!! use it again until the right parts are there.Go back to the dealer and ask for all the parts(maybe it's on the other prop.J

I have a 1995 Force 120 Motor on a 18' Maxum. The original prop was damaged so I ordered a new prop. It was a 13 1/4 x 19 pitch prop. I could not generate more than 3000 rpm & 5-10mph. Once I pulled the prop I saw that the prop was rubbing against the motor & wearing a groove in the prop where it meets the motor. I found that the plastic spacer that came with the Prop got worn down & there was now play in the prop as it was sliding on the shaft. I could not tighten the nut up anymore. What suggestions do we have?

Back