Logo

Float Switch

53Powell

I have a 2011 115 hp merc 4 stroke EFI with 47 hrs and just out of warranty by 6 months. Last time out started recvng a warning alarm.
The alarm was steady for about 15 secs and then stopped. I was doing appx 1200 rpms 10 mph just leving 5 mph zone. Only get alarm once and at lower speeds. No alarms during running at all. Only time i would alarm was at low rpms and low speed and onle one time ??? Recvd alarm everytime would stop engine and begin the throttle up. I check water discharge at all speeds and was strong and steady. Oil ck ok Motor idles fine and motor runs great, but do get the alarm Never had an alarm before only on start up which is normal Motor just recvd complete impeller change out in Aug 2016 and change fluids and overall ck up Motor in perfect condition Boat and motor at Mercury dealer now and has diagnosed problem with Mercury Marine as a float switch and part is 400.00 bucks??? I have used this dealer for all outboards needs and a very very creditable mercury dealer He said the float switch is a all in one type unit??? Anyone out there heard a float switch problem giving warning horn signal before How much work involved?? Is his part electronic???i

Back