Logo

Ficht ID

Ky Howard

Contributing Member
I need some help trying to ID a motor before disassembly. I have a Ficht V6 (motor only) but I do not know which one it is. Without the ID tag from the transom bracket, swivel bracket, etc, is there a way that I'm not seeing? I'm thinking like a soft plug or something like the smaller motors. Any suggestions. are appreciated. Thanks

compare the parts diagram. only a few years to look through before they went to RAM (Ficht 2.0). one way atleast a 1st try is to look at the cowling and match up the decals. will get you close. then look up the EMM and injectors. hopefully you got the full updated injectors. also the block... the early ones 96-mid 97 had less oiling hoses. FICHT guys would know what else. some fuel pumps were different colors etc.

compare the parts diagram. only a few years to look through before they went to RAM (Ficht 2.0). one way atleast a 1st try is to look at the cowling and match up the decals. will get you close. then look up the EMM and injectors. hopefully you got the full updated injectors. also the block... the early ones 96-mid 97 had less oiling hoses. FICHT guys would know what else. some fuel pumps were different colors etc.

Hey revenge22,
I bought this to cannibalize and sell so I didn't get the Cowl/Decals, or EMM but I do have the injectors. I'll see what I can find out with them. There are some digital matrix stamped numbers on the machining pads of the block but I think those are just factory traceability numbers.
Thanks for your suggestions..

Hey revenge22,
I bought this to cannibalize and sell so I didn't get the Cowl/Decals, or EMM but I do have the injectors. I'll see what I can find out with them. There are some digital matrix stamped numbers on the machining pads of the block but I think those are just factory traceability numbers.
Thanks for your suggestions..
no problem sorry for not much help. OMC did want all powerheads back to them in the beginning to fix issues, so i bet this one has a replacement anyway. i have an injector update w. software new in box if interested.

Back