Logo

F200 2005 Yamaha question

Loehning

Just got boat and still learning was out fishing last night and when we went to leave the tilt n trim had no power from anywhere in boat so couldn't get on plane and had to go slow to get in...now this morning took volt meter down to check and tilt n trim works again from all areas of boat..is there a breaker that reset itself overnight

Just to be clear, when you could not tilt/trim using control you also could not from engine side switch? If this is correct, and you now have power to control switch, check each wire engine side with meter. Possibly a bad ground on its way of become a dead ground.

My Yamaha 90 4 stroke engine is stuck down. Trying to raise it manually by releasing the manual release screw is no help. Any suggestions. Tilt and trim needs replacing.

Just to be clear, when you could not tilt/trim using control you also could not from engine side switch? If this is correct, and you now have power to control switch, check each wire engine side with meter. Possibly a bad ground on its way of become a dead ground.

Yes I had no power from the helm or the side of engine and then in morning went to try it and motor went up and down perfectly from helm and from engine..

Yes I had no power from the helm or the side of engine and then in morning went to try it and motor went up and down perfectly from helm and from engine..

Sounds like you've got a wire going bad. Since the engines switch didn't work you can skip meter testing from control to ignition. Volt drop test from from ignition to engine switch. Most likely a bad ground.

Turn screw counter clockwise until it stops. Then engine will move freely up/down. Turn screw clockwise to lock into desired position.

Back