Logo

Exhaust manifold - CC 283 V8 -1960

Samijosefsson

Hey guys!
My Chris Craft Cavalier Sportsman is equipped with the 283 chevy V8 from 1960 and the walls between the channels in the exhaust manifolds have rusted so much that I get water leaking into the exhaust channel.
I have understood that this is no unusual thing for such an old engine.
So now Im looking for "new" manifolds to replace the original ones and I have found out that they are hard to come by. I got a few hits via google but all of them are out of stock.
If anybody has an idea on where I could find them I would really appreciate some guidance. 1f64f.png
Thankful for any help!
/Sami

depending upon the specific style, you may get lucky with mrcool...they have a couple of chris craft exhaust options last time I looked..

depending upon the specific style, you may get lucky with mrcool...they have a couple of chris craft exhaust options last time I looked..
Thanks for answering, but Ive been to their website and the manifold they offer seems to be from Barr and after some reaserch I've found that their manifold is two pass while the one my engine wants is a three pass manifold.

bummer - you didn't say you had the 3-pass setup...

I'd say the best bet is to poke around on the chris craft specific www sites and find one of the shops that specialize in restoring those old engines...if the manifolds are available, they should be able to get you a pointer...the other option would be to 'update' the entire cooling/exhaust to something more modern....

bummer - you didn't say you had the 3-pass setup...

I'd say the best bet is to poke around on the chris craft specific www sites and find one of the shops that specialize in restoring those old engines...if the manifolds are available, they should be able to get you a pointer...the other option would be to 'update' the entire cooling/exhaust to something more modern....
I realise now that’s probably my best chance of finding them since they aren’t manufactured any longer. Upgrading the system is of course another option but since everything else is still original in both engine and boat I really would prefer to keep it that way if possible.
Thanks for taking time to answer 🙏

Back