Logo

Evinrude Starflite VIII

Noble23

I have picked up an old Starcraft Caravel with an Evinrude Starflite VIII 80 horse. I am new to boats, so I have a few questions. Everything appears to be extremely clean on the boat/ motor. I did notice the belt is broke, or just off the bottom of the distributer. Any leads on somewhere to get parts for these? I did find a few used ones on eBay, I'm hoping to make this a dependable little ride, so I think I should install new. Does anyone have an electric copy of the manual for this motor they would share? I'm looking at replacing the belt and getting this running so a manual would be helpful. to get the engine timed. The model number on the motor is 80693 C and Serial is E02948

Thank you! Is there a parts breakdown for it? Do you recommend a new water pump and output shaft seal before I mess around with it? I’ve had guys mention I should check them.

Holy smokes they are expensive. I was expecting an entire tune up for the price of that cap! lol Have I picked the wrong boat/ motor to mess with? Hoping it don’t have too much wrong with it. Are they somewhat dependable once I get it running? I am pretty handy with vehicles, tractors, mowers, and golf carts…. Always did my best to avoid 2 strokes though. Hahaha

Distributor cap is a quality part.----Should last the life of the engine.----No need to throw parts at this motor unless proven to be bad.-----This Starflite is a simple , easy to maintain motor.

Back