Logo

Evinrude sportwin 9.5hp will not run

Jamesi90

I have a 9.5hp motor and I just rebuilt the carburetor on it, adjusted the float to where it is level with the body and adjusted the lean/rich needle all the way down and backed it out 1.5 turns. There is a weep hole just below the top of the carburetor and now when I prime it fuel starts coming out of that weep hole. I can get the motor to run and spit while in a barrel but only if I’m pouring fuel into the top of the carburetor. Is there anything I could have missed or something I need to be looking for?

The high speed orifice plug must be absolutely, positively CLEAN. Is it? Don't know what to say about the fuel coming out the hole. It shouldn't.

t

The high speed orifice plug must be absolutely, positively CLEAN. Is it? Don't know what to say about the fuel coming out the hole. It shouldn't.

t
I’ll take it back apart and see if I missed cleaning anything and thank you. If it still leaks after that I’ll just end up trying to get a carb for it

Recheck float and float valve.----The orifice plug is way inside the float chamber.---Easily missed by novices in the past.

Back