Logo

Evinrude E60 1996 not getting any power

Aaron.m710

[FONT=&quot]So, my father and I purchase a 1996 E60 TLEUA 60hp Evinrude from a relative and decided to fix it up. When we got the boat it ran fine, we removed the automatic oiler and replaced the water pump. This past week we finally finished putting in all the new interior. Before we finished, I turned it over to make sure everything is all right and nothing happened. I turned it over about it 2 weeks ago and it was fine. Turns out my dad ran a screw through some of the wires that came from the dash and the throttle lever to the engine. I just soldered those wires hoping that it was going to start up, but still nothing. When I turn the key, usually the test light turn on the dash and it beeps for awhile, but nothing this time. Also, the trim switch in the front and on the motor do not work. I checked the fuses under the console and all of them are fine. We are getting power from the battery to the engine as well. Is there a relay or something that could’ve shorted out from that screw grounding those wires? I also checked the continuity from the switch to the solenoid and that checked out. Any suggestions? Anything would be much appreciated[/FONT]

Back