Logo

Evinrude 40 hp Tracker motor 1993

fshy247

I have a 1993 eveinrude tracker motor. HEres the deal

New coil
new primer bulb

Now its been running great all season then there was some down time and she sat. I go to start it up cause im going out the next day and i got nothin. The next morning comes go out there starts right up no issues at ALL. This past week ive been starting it in AM then when i come home from work around 530 She wont start AT ALL. Next morning starts right up WTF is going on??? i mean i fish in the morning so ok but this is driving me nuts anyone have any ideas on why it will start in AM but not in PM

when it will not start, you need to do a spark check, you should also do a compression check, how old is the gas?

Fuel is not that old. There is spark. Last night i touched abunch of stuff including that red lever it was in the right spot and is now. This morning went out 5:00 backfire i was like wtf?? went bak to bed till 9 went out cleaned plugs. she started right up revved her up to clean whatever junk was sitting in there for a while. I dont knowww

do compression check and a leakdown check see what your numbers are. have you checked the flywheel key to see if it is broken?

i need special tools to check that stuff right???

im new to the world of boating so what key for the flywheel are we talkin about??

235 starts right up!!! im so confused its so intermittent run it runs she runs sooo niceee Could it be another bad coil?? i just replaced it

Back