Logo

Engine won't start after awhile

Grady 1

Hello Everyone My engine run great it starts up no problems. If i am out and turn it off for a short period of time starts right up, If i wait say 30 min or so she will not start, if i wait another 30 min starts right up runs great, its a Merc 150 efi 2 stroke Thanks in advance, stay safe and have fun

For that motor you will need to buy a factory manual. But you can check for spark and fuel pressure when it does that. Make sure spark jimps a 7/16 air gap.

Had my machanic check everything, he replaced lines, ground wires, filters , and plugs. Thinking heat soak and going to replace the starter, which was replaced last year. Only time will tell, thanks for reply

Hello!

It sounds like you're having issues with your engine not starting after it's been turned off for a short period of time. This could be due to a variety of factors, including fuel system issues, electrical issues, or even air/fuel mixture issues.

To help diagnose the problem, you could start by checking the fuel system. Make sure that there is sufficient fuel in the tank and that the fuel lines are not clogged. You should also check the fuel filter to make sure it's clean.

Another factor to consider is the electrical system. Make sure the battery is fully charged and that all connections are clean and tight. You could also check the alternator and starter to make sure they are working properly.

If the fuel and electrical systems are in good condition, it's possible that the problem could be related to the air/fuel mixture. This can be a bit more difficult to diagnose, but you could start by checking the spark plugs to see if they are fouled.

If you're still unable to determine the cause of the problem, it might be best to take your engine to a marine mechanic for a proper diagnosis.

I hope this information helps! Good luck and have a great day.

Back