Logo

Engine Shut Down

Lucky Duck

8/7/23 Back seeking help. 2014 Mercrusier Bravo 350 ET Fuel Injection engine continues to shut down after say 30 minutes of good running. It will then turn over but not start. After it sits for say 1 hour she cranks and runs fine again. This is a coninuing problem. I have had it worked on by my Mercrusier Mechanic as well as my Auto Mechanic.

First, on my mistaken thinking it was thought to be an "ignition problem"; the following parts were replaced with no positive results.

Ignition Coil
Crank Position Sensor
Ignition Module
Hall Effect Sensor

Today the Lift Pump, fuel pump strainer and water pump filter were replaced. Still the same result.

Tomorrow the plan is to replace the Fuel Module thinking there maybe a "vapor lock issue"?

Any thoughts as to how to proceed?

i would concentrate more on the diagnosis than on the parts changing options...

I'd be inclined to start with monitoring the fuel pressure...and if it drops, then figure out why.

Unless you have omitted some significant events in your description, I'd discount the vapor lock scheme for the time being...

Engine
8/8/23 today, thinking by Mercrusier Mechanic is fuel is not being cooled sufficiently in the engine module that houses the Lift Pump and High Pressure Fuel Pump. He checked the incoming and outgoing water lines. The outgoing was only a "slow dribble". He will clean out the module later today.

hopefully problem solved. a clogged fuel capsule that created a situation where by the cooling water would not circulate to cool the lift and fuel filters.

Back