Logo

engine boggs out not fuel system

sunny beach

Hello, I was wondering if anyone can help.My 3 L merc boggs out after about 2 minutes when I have it at half to full throttle. I have went through the fuel system including changing filter,changing fuel pump, checking fuel vent, changing fuel hoses, checking float. Iam sure the fuel system is ok. I was wondering if it could be in the electrical system. I f I let the engine sit fir 5 min and restart it it will run again for 5 min then does the same. I can run the boat at an idle and do not have a problem. It is like something gets hot and shuts down. Any help appericated thanks

You removed the anti-syphin valve and checked it? You looked at the bottom of the fuel pickup tube.

You cleaned the filter in the fitting that enters the carb?

You say you checked the float? That mean you rebuilt the carb ?

You say it's like something over heats? Does that mean the motor is overheating ?

You have a mechanical fuel pump ? Correct ?

I have checked the anti syphin valve , drained tank and replaced fuel cleaned filter at end of carb,have not rebuilt carb as all looked good. the motor does not overheat, I have a mechanical fuel pump

Bring a spare spark plug on the boat run it when it happens at that moment pull a plug wire stick in the spare plug and see if your missing spark, hold the plug to the block and crank the motor.

That way we will know what we are missing spark or fuel.

Back