Logo

E Tec 2017 105 HP jet - no thrust

I have used this boat all summer with no problems but recently the the die mount shift/throttle got stuck. I trimmed up and checked for blockage and then trimmed down. It started back up fine but then I had absolutely no thrust power, in revers or forward. I thought maybe it had gone into limp mode, but we pulled off the foot to look closer for any internal blockage in the impeller and found none. We checked for thrust with the foot off and it still had none. Once we reassembled things it started and suddenly had thrust again. So again it was a timed out limp mode situation. Went back out again the next day and ran it all day just fine. Got to the boat ramp and suddenly no thrust. After drifting down river and raising and lowering the motor and playing with the shift lever it started work-in again.

Any ideas. On inspection of the motor the internal throttle lever was working when the thrust wasn't. But next to the throttle arm there is a smaller arm (cant find it labeled on the parts in y manual) but it seems to be loose and floating and moving freely. Is this somehow supposed to be connected to the throttle arm?

Any other ideas?

Back