Logo

Drive Hub

bob_on_this

Regular Contributor
"This is not engine related, b

"This is not engine related, but they do bolt up to my Crusaders :)
I am trying to figure out if the SB or P prop shaft has left hand threads for the drive hub.

url]

url]
"

"The center nut is not handed

"The center nut is not handed by engine rotation, they are standard threads. The coupler bolt hoses are not threaded, they are thru bolted (at least every one I have ever seen is)"

"Thanks Rick,
The couple was

"Thanks Rick,
The couple was through bolted together, it's the large center nut I need to take off now.
A friend in Florida (exact same boat) said his boat yard told him, CCW for the SB side (standard) and CC for the Port side.(left handed)
Now I'm confused :-(
Oh well, not the first time..."

It may vary by shaft manufactu

It may vary by shaft manufacturer but I don't recall ever coming across a LH thread on a shaft.

"OK, new question, does anyone

"OK, new question, does anyone know the size of the this nut, and is there a special tool to get it off.
I think the nut is a 1-7/16" (same as the prop nuts). I have two sockets, both are 3/4 drive. One will not go into the hub bore, the other one will, but the socket just seems a little too small, wont do over the nut. I'm sure if I get the next size up (1-1/2) I'll never get it into the bore unless the wall of the socket is less than 1/8" thick. (the bore is 2" ID)
I wouldn't mind having a socket machined down a bit, but it would be nice to know the size first.

Thanks Guys"

Back