Logo

Dr Honda - how to disable maintenance alarms on 225AK3

brettmarl

Regular Contributor
This is a long shot, as not sure how many Dr Honda users there are here...

I have two 225-AK3's and they behave differently in Dr Honda.

My Port engine triggers a maintence alarm on the NMEA network everytime I turn it on, and clearing the alarm via the clear-sequence doesn't make it go away. Note - this doesn't trigger the MIL lamp - just shows up on the NMEA network as maintence-required alarm.

When I look at the Port engine in Dr Honda, the "Maintanence Notfication" tab is available, and there are 3 values

HOURS UNTIL FIRST ALERT: 20hrs

HOURS UNTIL NEXT... : 0hrs

HOURS FOR THE PERIOD...: 0 hrs

The first one, I can't change and the last two I have set to zero assuming that means it wouldn't trigger an alert. There is no 'off' option - just a number of hours.

Then, when I look at the Data List tab for this motor, I see a table called "Maintance Notification Information" it has 3 values:

OPERATING HOURS AT THE LAST...: 463

OPERATING HOURS AT THE NEXT: 463

HOUR COUNTER RESET: 7

I can't find any other setting that would suggest how to disable the alarms.

On my startboard engine (which does not trigger the alarm) - the "Maintanence Notfication" tab is grayed out and I can't see any values. Also there is no "Maintance Notification Information" table that shows up in the Data List.

Is it possible that I have different ECU firmware versions and one supports alarms and one does not? Anyone have an idea how to disable the alarm on the one where I can change the settings?

Thanks!

-Brett

Last edited:
To reset service interval, proceed as follows
Ignition key off, place in gear , forward or reverse, activate kill switch in 2 sec intervals until alarm sounds indicating service reset

Back