Logo

DF70 tilt rod seal leaking rebuildable

G

GordonShumway

Just found my 2002 DF70 is lea

Just found my 2002 DF70 is leaking around the tilt/trim rod seal. Looking at an online parts manual it appears this seal isn't available but the whole assembly must be bought for almost $500!!!
Is this true?
I'm looking for my paperwork since I should be still within the 6 year warranty..called the dealer and they had a fire 2 years ago and lost all their records. They are over 100 miles away and won't comment on whether the extended warranty covers it without seeing it. I figure the seal would cost way less than 2 round trips if it IS available...
Thanks

"I think it should be covered

"I think it should be covered too, but so far I've been unable to find the paperwork. Don't know if that will be a problem or not, I can prove purchase date via other means but I've heard Suzuki can be real ^&*#$ about warranty.

Is it correct the seal isn't replaceable/available, if so that really stinks...."

Got it fixed under warranty an

Got it fixed under warranty and noticed the new reservoir has a different seal. Hmmm...maybe Suz recognized a problem...
Question now is how to check the fluid- Owners manual says nothing about it.......

well yeah I see the red cap bu

well yeah I see the red cap but is the oil supposed to be full to that point when all the way up or what?

Back