Logo

DF 70 Timing marks

cam2

"I'm trying to locate the

"I'm trying to locate the timing marks on a DF 70, 2003. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Chris"

Chris a manual is a good idea.

Chris a manual is a good idea...but if it doesnt have a problem dont touch it...there are no wearing parts that would change the timing.

"Jamie,
Thanks for responding

"Jamie,
Thanks for responding....I was concerned because the timing belt was loose and Im affraid it may have jumped time.

JIT, if thats all you have to contribute, please dont respond at all, with all due respect.
Thanks,
Chris"

"Chris

if you plan on worki

"Chris

if you plan on working on these

BUY A FACTORY MANUAL

I could have posted pics, but lets say you played with them, overtightened the belt, it snapped, no you have a junked head

and now you blamm it on me for trying to help

so that is why i said it"

"Again, your post does nothing

"Again, your post does nothing to help me. Sometimes, its nice just to help people. I asked if anyone could help me locate the timing marks on this engine, you could not, so please.....stop trying to help me, with al due respect."

Chris JIT is correct a factory

Chris JIT is correct a factory service manual is handy when doing this. OE# is 99500-99E11-01E

To just chk the the base marks to see if timing has jumped is pretty simple. Remove the plastic shroud that covers the timing belt. The pulley mounted to the crankshaft under the flywheel will have a punch mark at the bottom locate this mark to the index mark directly behind the crankshaft on the block. Removing the spark plugs will make it easier to turn the engine by hand. And removing the flywheel will make easier to see the marks. Now the camshaft pulley should have four marks or dots on top #1 should align with index mark on crankcase (this mark is in front of the cam looking toward crankshaft) when the crankshaft mark is aligned if it is on the correct stroke.

If the timing belt is that loose Chris than something is wrong. Rotate the engine over to see if the marks described above line up correctly. I have seen the crankshaft retainer pulley nut back off and wear the heck out of the crankshaft timng pulley keyway and inside dia becomes excessive thus causing a sloppy belt. Tensioner could have taken a dump too. Chk outside of belt for scuff marks and wear. Also you can look for aluminum dust between the cam and crankshaft lying on the block it's a dead give away as to what is happening.

I assume no liabilty for offering you this advice please purchase a factory service manual before attempting to repair or take it to your local Authrozied Suzuki dealer.

Hope this helps you out Chris.

"Robert,
This post helps me o

"Robert,
This post helps me out a great deal, and I thank you forthe time it took to type it. That was all I was asking for, not a smart azz remark about buying a manual.....I did buy one, but while my boat sits in the driveway, I want to tinker with it until it gets here. Im sure you understand.
Thanks again."

You are very welcome Chris. Le

You are very welcome Chris. Let me know how you make out with your repairs. I'll be Standin By

Back