Logo

Death finder puck ???

200toncapt

So,,, I had my bottom sandblasted and he made a pass or 2 across the puck ?? and it's rough .
anything to worry about ????????????????????

Probably. You can usually buy just the sender. I'd replace it (unless you trailer the boat). Save money in the end.

Jeff

If you are referring to your transducer - it depends upon how long the nozzle was blasting it and how coarse the abrasive was...

as long as the seal on the transducer wasn't violated, you just need to worry about the interface on the active face...if it is too rough, the water flow over it will become aerated at speed and the sounder won't read...testing it in the slip wont work as you need motion to see if any turbulence is induced...

I'd have a discussion with the yard foreman BEFORE you launch and make sure it is documented and signed so there's NO misunderstanding if there's an issue.

My point was, it's far cheaper to replace it now instead of paying for a haul out to replace it anyhow (and the cost of the haul out).

Jeff

If the yard is going to cover the costs, I'd agree...I've seen transducers that cost more than the short haul to change one...if it works, why spen the money to change it???

..."If the yard is going to cover the costs, I'd agree"

Ditto. And they SHOULD since they screwed it up.

Jeff

So,,, I had my bottom sandblasted and he made a pass or 2 across the puck ?? and it's rough .
anything to worry about ????????????????????
If I'm understanding this, you're talking about a "thru hull" transducer, not a shoot thru puck style.
Many of these offer temp and speed.
If the temp sensor and paddle wheel were not damaged, just simply polish the bronze back to a nice shiny finish.

Make sure that the bottom paint (if conductive) does not come within an inch or so of the thru hull transducer.

Back