Logo

Cry 318 Cooling System ??

tonydiii

Help: I have a Marinette 32 Had it 6 mo. Refurb to almost new ? Well spent lots. My latest issue is the engine is heating up the oil guage is peged . Yet the engine runs smooth . I turned it off before it passed 240 f. I noticed there was no antfr. I added antifr. then noticed it coming out of the exhaust. I was told there must be a crack in something for the coolant to get into the system to come out of the exhaust. I don't know this system is this something I can replace ??

Help: I have a Marinette 32 Had it 6 mo. Refurb to almost new ? Well spent lots. My latest issue is the engine is heating up the oil guage is peged . Yet the engine runs smooth . I turned it off before it passed 240 f. I noticed there was no antfr. I added antifr. then noticed it coming out of the exhaust. I was told there must be a crack in something for the coolant to get into the system to come out of the exhaust. I don't know this system is this something I can replace ??

If you have antifreeze coming out of the exhaust ,it's getting into your engine. It could be a bad head gasket.

It could also be leaking at the exhaust manifold/ elbow joint. There's (supposed to be) a stainless plate there that keeps the coolant in the manifold. If it has a leak, the coolant goes right out the back.

Hope so! Relatively easy fix.

Jeff (32 Marinette Sedan)

PS: If you pull the elbow off for a look, be sure to drain EVERYTHING first to keep coolant out of your engine.

If you have antifreeze coming out of the exhaust ,it's getting into your engine. It could be a bad head gasket.

Or you could have a closed system that cools the block only. If this is the case, and your heat exchanger is leaking internally, then the raw water coming out of your exhaust would have antifreeze in it.

-JJ

I had the same problem on a CRUSADER 454 Model 350 in a 1988 Trojan International with a fresh water cooling system. Had a leak in my heat exchanger and a leaking stainless plate. You can get your heat exchanger pressure tested to check for an internal leak.

Sealore

Back