Logo

Constant alarm sound

mlinde1

"I have a 2000 mercury 90 hp t

"I have a 2000 mercury 90 hp that started making a constant alarm sound when the key is switched on and started. This is not a beeping sound, its just constant. any answers for this would be great. I have already checked the oil level and the water pump seems to be working fine. and motor still runs normal. Help. Thanks"

"Markus, constant tone is an o

"Markus, constant tone is an overheat alarm. The motor is obviously not overheating the second you turn the key which means it is most likely a sensor gone bad on you.

You can simply disconnect it until you get another one. The sensor will be located on the cylinder head - just look for the pair of wires going to the bullet connectors...."

"could be the sensor in the oi

"could be the sensor in the oil tank,the 2 blue wires under the tank can be unhooked to check"

I am having the same issue. Tr

I am having the same issue. Tried to disconnedt the Temp sending sensor and the constant alarm is still there. Its not the oil high low alarm as I jumped the two blue wires to get that high low tone. Could the buzzer be bad?
How does the temp sensor work as it only has one wire on it?
Thanks Joe-Johnny

"Don't jump the blue's

"Don't jump the blue's, that turns in on. Leave it unhooked. Temp sensor goes to ground by it's case."

The jumper was just a test. So

The jumper was just a test. So if the temp sensor is just. Ground. It could be a short to ground in the wiring or possibly a short in the buzzer?? Any other ideas?

Is there a control module anyw

Is there a control module anywhere? The blue leads would go into it. If not then there is a short to ground on the tan/blue wire going into the buzzer. You might have to crack open the side mount box if you have that. Pinched wires are pretty common.

Yes the blue and a tan and bla

Yes the blue and a tan and black go into the module and the pink goes back to the front controll panel. I will need to check the wiring at the controlls it all looks ok at the motor

Well it was the oil sensor con

Well it was the oil sensor control module. I replced it and the constant alarm is gone.

"<[img]"http://www.marineengin

"
thumbs_up.gif
"

Back