Logo

Clamp assembly for NS5B 5 HP Nissan motor

gronke

Hello all, hoping someone might be able to point me in the right direction. I have a bent bolt for the clamp assembly that secures a Nissan 5HP motor to the transom. I've been shimming it but it's feeling like it's time to repair.

I can back the bolt out so I'm confident I can get it out and put in a new one, but I don't want to cut off the old bolt until I'm sure I have the replacement. I'm finding wildly varying prices, some 3rd party products on Amazon but I'm not sure of the compatibility across different Nissan/Tohatsu models.

I'm pretty sure the part number is 359S621001 for the bolt.

1) Does anyone know the threading of this bolt? There is a third party bolt assembly at Amazon but it's showing 5/8 inch threading and I suspect it won't fit (https://www.amazon.com/ITACO-Outboa...2052&sr=8-2-fkmr1&keywords=tohatsu+ns5b+clamp).

2) I found one other online source, boats.net, but they only sell in sets of two for $70 (https://www.boats.net/product/tohatsu/369S621001?ref=fa372bcce5f4a7cae8dab685c354530ba45326fd).

Any other advice or thoughts about compatibility appreciated. Thanks!

That 359S621001 part number is invalid. That Amazon part is wrong; it requires you to drill out and re-thread the bracket to 5/8 (US) thread. That kit from Boats.net doesn't seem like the correct part either. Yes, you need two for the entire motor, but in your case, you only need one. For that matter, you might be able to straighten the existing screw. You likely don't need to cut off the old bolt, as if you back it out all the way, the pad will probably pop off of the staking.

In 2011, Tohatsu revised the design of the clamp screws, so that the staking of the pad was eliminated; The new clamp screws have a small internal screw to attach the pad. As the old parts get used up, you need to switch to the improved design.

The correct part is
3GTQ621051CLAMP SCREW KIT, F2B/2.5B/3.5B-F4/5/6C$35.81

The handle on this kit will probably be the newer "aquamarine" (midnight) blue.

Back