Logo

Chrysler 318 Raw Water Pump

Salmontracker

Hello, New here. I have twin 318s in my 1973 Trojan F 31. The raw water pump shaft has a goove in it from the bearing! Can I get a new shaft ANYWHERE or am I looking at buying a new Pump?

Regards,

Ray-Salmontracker
F31

Welcome, Ray. I just took my Sherwood raw waer pump off, and apart, yesterday. The groove in the shaft, I believe, is the key slot that allows the shaft to engage the rubber/neoprene impeller. So...I think you should be looking for the approx 1" long x 1/16" square key. Hey, I'm new to all this as well, so you may want some other input on this. Best wishes.

Thanks Rosie but the groove I'm talking about is directloy under the bearing, the width of the bearing. It goes across and completely around the shaft, not lengthwise with it. Do you know where I can get one?

Regards,

Ray-Salmontracker

A rebuilding kit for one of those costs about half of what I new pump costs. I'm a cheapskate, see, but I'm not that dumb--I bought a new one.

Jeff

Rosie, I weent there and saw the part I need. Now if Their distributors sell "just" that part. I only need the 316 SS shaft part # 11459. I want two in case I need one for the other engine's pump that I intend to check out. Thanks so much. Those diagrams were just what I needed.

Regards,

Ray-Salmontracker

Happy to help, Ray. Another thought: I just Googled "Sherwood 11459" and got a half dozen hits for that particular shaft as a stand-alone sale. Give it a shot. Peace...

Hello, New here. I have twin 318s in my 1973 Trojan F 31. The raw water pump shaft has a goove in it from the bearing! Can I get a new shaft ANYWHERE or am I looking at buying a new Pump?

Regards,

Ray-Salmontracker
F31

Hey Ray Michael im search in the web for too no luck yet give you a call brother!!!

Rosie, I just got through ordering two of those shafts. Again, I thank you, wish you a great boating season and when I'm trolling, catching those big salmon in Lake Michigan I won't forget you. God Bless You

Regards,

Ray-Salmontracker

PS Mike I'll see you at church in the morning. God Bless You too brother for all your help, support and encouragement.

Rosie, I just got through ordering two of those shafts. Again, I thank you, wish you a great boating season and when I'm trolling, catching those big salmon in Lake Michigan I won't forget you. God Bless You

Regards,

Ray-Salmontracker

PS Mike I'll see you at church in the morning. God Bless You too brother for all your help, support and encouragement.

:DAmen Brother In Christ we stand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back