Logo

Chris Craft 427 drill and tapping procedure for #1409 Edelbrock carb PCV installation

dogsharks38

Regular Contributor
1409tap.jpg

This is a double post.
I just posted this in another thread, but thought it would be hidden in that thread, so I am posting the info again with its own title to draw attention.

The #1409 does not come with a PCV port so if you are swapping out a stock Carter AFB you have a problem.
Some people use a spacer with a tap there, and some people route the PCV line to an intake port. I do not like the intake port method because it can affect the performance of the nearby cylinder air flow. In other words, at WOT that extra air being introduced at that loction in the intake manifold could possibly lean out the cylinder.

Therefore I like the PCV tap right at the carb.

I called Edelbrock and they were not necessarily offensive, but they were VERY reluctant to give me ANY assistance about how to drill and tap the #1409, which incidentally has a boss cast into the body just for this very purpose. I could find very little anywhere about how to do this so I decided to do the deed and photograph it carefully and log in all the details, and I posted my own thread on this with intentions of helping others.

Here it is............pretty simple actually..........and be sure to use WD40 for your drilling and tapping, it is a fish oil base and it makes a perfect tapping oil for aluminum work of this kind.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/424840/thread/1343278350/Edelbrock+1409+PCV+drilling+and+tapping

By posting this I am trying to be a contributor and to be helpful.
If this is breaking any rules here on this forum I do not intend to do that so administrator please let me know.
My intentions are to only help people and not raid another camp.

Sincerely,

DS

Back