Logo

Carb rebuild spare parts

bobct

Advanced Contributor
"I posted last week but this p

"I posted last week but this picture
374532.jpg

should help. I'm pretty sure the top parts are electric choke related. Can anyone confirm?

I'm not sure about the bottom o-rings. They have a lip so apparently get pressed onto something.

This was the kit I got from Cliff and is excellent.

Bob"

"Bob:

I'm sure most of

"Bob:

I'm sure most of those are choke related but more for the hot air version (4MC) than the electric chokes.

Hard to tell from the picture but one pair looks like they are rod retaining clips (could be HIC springs but look a bit small). I find they are easier to use than the C or E clips as they are captive. If you have enough and are happy with those, I'd just save the 'new' ones.

I think the 'o-rings' are for the older hot water chokes but not certain on them - they are auto only and I haven't touched one in a long time.

The thin nylon gaskets could be for the fuel inlet nuts, if large enough. I've seen these as well as the soft metal ones. The nylon type are usually 'one use' and replace; the metal ones are usually good for many cycles.

I'll try to pull my rochester data sheets tomorrow to see if the memory is good. If that is inconclusive, I'm sure the man in OH would reply to an email with the picture."

Bob:

The 'o-rings'

Bob:

The 'o-rings' appear to be the choke shaft seals used on the 4MC's.

Correction to previous - no q-jet factory choke system uses hot water to warm the choke coil in a marine application. I didn't look much at the other sections but saw no reference to hot water anywhere.

Back