Logo

Can trash in gas line keep your motor from startin?

Georgiaboy67

Advanced Contributor
I have a 97 evinrude. E115eleua, my motor has been great for a while minus the idle issue which turned out to be natural with it breaking in evidently. Anyway today was the first time I used marine gas. (Ethanol free, I know it's way better but nobody close by ever carries it. ) the motor always cranks on the first try. But this time, it ran for maybe a second in the first crank. After that it took about 12-15 cranks to get it to start. But then after that it cranked on the first turn and still ran strong. Could it have just been a piece of trash got in the gas? I worry easily and I just want this thibg to last longer, plus this is my vacation week so I'm way away from the boat shop

Georgiaboy67 Cranking and starting are two different terms.your post was a little confusing. Check your water/fuel separator,filter for debris Have plugs been pulled and cleaned since rebuild,Are you still running 25-1 gas to oil ratio? Could be fouled plugs

Sorry for confusion,it always starts on the first turn of the key, yes I primedbthe bulb, plugs have been changed since new powerhead. And I haven't run 25:1 since the 10 hour break in. It's been 50:1. I will find out in an hour if it does it again or not. Im hoping it's just trash the shop is 4 hours away til next week..

Back