Logo

Can’t find the code flashing on any manual

SCboatguy

So I have a Johnson J70FTLEC, I believe it is a 1998 . It has been running great till last weekend . Then it started spitting and sputtering . I changed the fuel line and bulb from tank because I noticed and air leak hoping this would solve it . It did not. I don’t have a fancy dash or anything as this is on an old McKee Craft but do have a set of four dash lights . Well the check engine light comes on and flashes 2 quick flashes then 5 quick flashes with the 5 flashes in a never ending loop. The boat will crank but acts like it is starving for fuel and with the “earmuffs” on and giving it some throttle , just starts to surge then stalls or spots and sputters . Most of the time to get to start I have to pull the warm up handle also , which I haven’t had to do since I’ve had the boat and motor (about a year and lotsa use). Can anyone help? And yes I also know through research this is a Johnson branded , Suzuki motor lol and have changed all fuel lines just in case it had an air leak . Thank you in advance !!

I really don't know anything about these engines, but I did find an online manual that lists the code flashes. https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1201837/Suzuki-Df-60.html?page=18#manual

None of the codes are a 2-5 pattern, so you might double check them to make sure you're counting the right number of flashes for each sequence. Also, I don't know if these are all the available codes or just a sub-set that's viewable online, so it's entire possible there is a 2-5.

DF70 codes.JPG

So found a broken coil wire so ordered a new coil, will be here next week and will update . Thank you also tried to load a video but not sure how of sequence of lights . But yes I am sure it is 2 quick then a never ending loop of 5 . Thanks again

Back