Logo

Bushing left over after reassembly of out drive.

Alan S

I had my 175 HP OMC outdrive apart for several years. The engine model # is 990230G. I have a bushing left that I can't figure out where it came from. I looked at the diagrams online and in the manual I purchased and I am starting to wonder if it came from some other piece of equipment. Or maybe the engine water pump. I took the exhaust housing cover off to look at it again and it is the same diameter as the bushing but I don't see anything in the diagrams for a bushing there. I can't attach a photos it says it is too large. I wanted to show how it fits in there but don't think this is it either. Any advice is appreciated. If it helps when I had it together the starter won't turn the engine but tested alone it works fine. I guess this is a separate issue but just in case there is something I don't know about, like a ground from this spring under the exhaust housing cover I am mentioning it. Thanks, Alan
(PS I need advice on how to attach a picture or I guess you won't have any idea what I am talking about.)

Back