Logo

Braided Ground strap help

JBweld

This looked like a helpful place to get info from reading in the past comments of the help and advice that I've seen so I said let's get some help , I always seem to figure things out myself but I'm stumped on this one..I have a 1987 mercury 115 inline 6 tower of power that I tore down and completely went threw took several pics..but didn't get one of those 2 thick braided Ground straps, I have no clue to where I removed them from, does anyone have an idea where they go, thanks in advance... I have the other 2 straps installed on both sides on the lower cover.. just can't remember where the thick 3inch long steps go..thanks

As I recall there were 2 of those that attach to the 2 bottom bolts in the cylinder block water jacket cover (the cover over the spark plug holes) and the other ends attached in a similar manner as the other 2 braided ground straps underneath the lower cowling "horse collar". Maybe it's those??

I found a picture on eBay of a 46933A 3 ground strap that looks like yours.

#24 in this diagram:

http://www.marineengine.com/parts/mercury-outboard-parts/115-6-cyl/6436123-and-up-usa/end-cap-manifold-and-exhaust-covers

Attachments

• 46933A 3 Ground Strap.jpg
    46933A 3 Ground Strap.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 56
Back