Logo

BF225 possible O2 sensor failure and a coupl eof questions

metal-chicken

Regular Contributor
Hi, I've been reading a lot of the posts here and it's been very informative.

We have a new to us 2007 Honda 225 that we bought blind (yeah I know) with rather unknown history. I've just had the engine fully serviced by a Tohatsu dealer who's come highly recommended seeing as we don't have a Honda dealer nearby - when speaking to him he certainly seems to know his stuff.

When we picked up the boat he said that he couldn't guarantee that the O2 sensor wasn't dead and sure enough after idling about 3-4 mins we're getting the check engine light on and a buzzer one second on and one second off. If I stop the engine and restart the buzzer is gone for a few minutes. Engine seems to run well at speed with no buzzers. Sounds like an O2 sensor. The engine serial number is 1404xxx and I think this falls into SB56.

Questions:
1) I don't have the 4 light switch, it's a two light switch panel with a separate panel for the check engine and alternator lights - can I still use the paperclip to pull the codes?

2) The ECM code is 34750-ZY3-A04 and it looks pretty clean and maybe newer than the rest of the engine. I believe this is a newer ECM, if so does this mean that the engine should have the newer exhaust tubes or would this ECM have been fitted when the engine was built.

3) Is it easy to swap the sensor? I'd rather not use the mechanic if it's a 5 minute job for me.

4) What's the code number for the O2 sensor that goes with this ECM?

Cheers.
:)

sounds like 02 sensor, easily replaced almost like changing a plug... disconnect p connector and then use open end wrench to unscrew .. done many times takes about 5-10 mintues ..go on boats.net under scamatic for 2007 easy to find 02 sensor they cost about 185.00 last time I needed one.. if have trouble find I will be gladt to help you find online and if need need pic of where 02 sensor is I can send you pic .look on left side of engine a little behind starter

Back