Logo

BF225 - Kill Switch Code-Reset Nukes InstanceID?

brettmarl

Regular Contributor
This happened to a friend the other day and happened to me today.

When pulling codes manually at the switch-panel with the shunt, if you clear the codes using the kill switch procedure - it seems to reset the state of the NMEA programming and the motor reverts back to InstanceID = 0. Guess I've never reset codes on my Starboard before (InstanceID=1), as has never occurred before.

Glad I have Dr Honda so I can fix it - but wondering if this is a known problem? Seems like a bad bug in the fimrware...

Reading the manual again - it is described as the "ECM Reset Procedure", which might suggest that it's not just clearing codes, but doing a factory-reset on the ECM, which would include removing instance-ID's and other settings... maybe it's intended that way...

Interesting. I swear I’ve done several on my instance1 engine and never had a problem. Then my friends reset and I said I’d never heard of it - then happened to me a few weeks later.

I had the diagnostic plug shorting the pins installed at the time - not dr Honda. Cleared out the dealer info too. I did do a reset twice in succession as I was chatting with someone and forgot if I heard the long beep. Wonder if that matters….

Ah maybe that’s it. I was checking codes at helm switch as my dr Honda windows tablet bluescreened so was using the dongle and had it in when I did the reset for sure.

Back