Logo

Batteries

samples8

Need a new battery. Deep cycl

Need a new battery. Deep cycle. Anybody have any suggestions? Batteries (3)now are wal mart everstart MAXX. Dead one made it 7 years. Anybody had bad experiences with these batteries?

if your looking for something

if your looking for something reliable i would shy away from Wal-Mart. I put one of those ever starts in my motorcycle i made two months with it. for some reason it died and when I put it on charge it wouldn’t take anything.

Stuart I have run those Maxx s

Stuart I have run those Maxx start batteries for 5 years with no issues as well. My understanding there is only 3 real companies making most of the deep cycle and car batteries and all they do is re-brand them for different resellers. Consumer reports did an article on this couple years back.

"I am coming up on 6 seasons o

"I am coming up on 6 seasons on my 8 golf cart batteries I got from Sams club. Shop Sears, Wal-Mart. Costco and get the cheapest as they all come out of the same factory as previously mentioned. Don't ever discharge past 50% if you want them to last. 12.2 no load volts is 50%.

Dan"

"I dropped some money on a Dee

"I dropped some money on a Deep Cycle, Gel battery for a moored Sailboat. Gel Batteries are expensive compared to traditional, but it's been 10 years now, and it's going strong. (And I've let it freeze more than a few times...) Also, I could mount on it's side, which was an advantage in my case. Although the Gel and AGM batteries are more expensive, I think that when you calculate cost/charge, they are actually cheaper to operate, since they last several years longer than old style wet-acid batteries."

Thanks for the input. I think

Thanks for the input. I think I will go with the everstart MAXX since I already have two of them. Hopefully I get a good one!!

Good choice.Look for the date

Good choice.Look for the date and a freshie they get swapped out by poeple that think there bad
I got 3 Neverstart marine maxxs

there heavy as hell id say 65 pounds?
Also check Baterries plus for the werker
its nice too heavy that means good like speakers

Back