Logo

Audible Alarm

MKDoWork

I have a 1995 175hp Black Max 2 stroke. When I turn the key I am getting an audible alarm (beep beep beep ...). Even after I start the engine I am still getting the alarm. Does anyone know what this alarm is for?
I am also not able to get above 2200 RPMs under load. I have dipped and rebuilt the carbs and replaced all fuel lines and filters. Any input? Or can you recommend a good mechanic around North Port, FL?

You need to check the oil pump drive gear. Not the one on the pump, but the one on the crank. You do this by removing the oil pump and its gear(Very simple) then get a small flash light and look in the hole where the pump attached, have someone turn the crank by hand while you look. The gear is nylon and if it is stripped it will cause your alarm.

If all looks well with the gears check the oil level sensor on the tank. The reason I have you check the pump first is, Because no one inspects the pump drive. They go bad often(Usually when you are running 5000rpm) and when they do it's all over for the engine.

Back