Logo

AQ200 Drive Parts, Seals

tdrudd87

Hey guys, new thread to clear up confusion.

I have a AQ200C DRIVE, powered by the 120hp B18. Packaged as the AQ120/200.

This drive is from before the 250+ series drives, so part numbers are hard to come by. Does anyone know the P/N's for the:

Rubber cushion rings that seal the bellhousing to the transom shield
Rope seal for the perimeter of the transom shield to seal to the transom

If not, I'll be buying for the 250 and hoping:confused:.

Thanks!
Terry

I only have the workshop manual for the 200, but no parts book.... (have both for my 1964 AQ180 engine)

I called VP's offices in western Canada somewhere and they photocopied and mailed me the AQ180/B36 parts book no charge. I'm sure they'd do that for the drive parts book too.

Last edited:
Hey guys, new thread to clear up confusion.

I have a AQ200C DRIVE, powered by the 120hp B18. Packaged as the AQ120/200.

This drive is from before the 250+ series drives, so part numbers are hard to come by. Does anyone know the P/N's for the:

Rubber cushion rings that seal the bellhousing to the transom shield
Rope seal for the perimeter of the transom shield to seal to the transom

If not, I'll be buying for the 250 and hoping:confused:.

Thanks!
Terry
Terry, the large rubber engine cushions -slash- sealing rings are the same, to the best of my knowledge.
I picked up a rubber cushion ring just the other day, and fit it onto a 200 drive flywheel cover, and it fit!
The clamping ring even appears to be the same size and shape.

The 250 transmission main drive gear seal will very likely fit the 200.
I have a few of them (brand new) if you can't find one. Be glad to sell you one.

The two lower O-rings (oil drain back and bearing retainer) I believe are the same as well.

The shift mechanism seal is also very likely the same as what the 250 uses, and this seal goes clear through the AQ series. All are double lip now! (and are directional, btw)

The two driven gear bearings are different..... may be same as the 250.... but they are indeed smaller.

What is it that you are wanting to do????

As for the rope seal, if it now sits proud of the transom shield, these can often be re-used, but I'd certainly apply a sealant both in front and behind it in the groove.

Thanks Rick,

My goal is to get this drive running behind my resto boat when it goes in the water next year. If I need any of the seals you mentioned, I will certainly be in touch:) thanks! I have just ordered the rubber rings and will update when they are in!

Terry

Back