Logo

aq131 overheaqting

prueben

I have an aq131 that is overheating, i have noticed that very little water is coming out of the exhaust, I have looked at the rotor in the pump and it seems fine, the raw water filter is clean now I understand that the manifold may be plugged up, but before I pull it apart is their a way of checking if the problem is there?

When does it overheat?While it's ideling?Or under a load?Salt water?
In the drive way the very bottom of the drive has a 1/2in hole that needs to be plugged(just in case)
On the drive is a connector that hooks to a hose that can go bad and suck air.
Then the motor.If the pumps impeller is good and the pump is good.Not a lot of scaring and seals and cam good.
Tape the muffs to the drive,needs to be dry and use a lot of tape.Make sure the 1/2 in hole is covered.Unhook the exit side and start the motor.It should pump as much water as the hose can supply.

That good? Loosen the manifold bellows and check for rust/corrosion/clogs at the end of the manifold.You will need to loosen the manifold too.Remove the manifold and somehow hook a hose to it.It should flow as much water in as the hose can supply.

Then the heat exchanger is next.Take it apart and figure out which side is in and which is out.Then back flush it.
Maybe take it to a radiator shop to be cleaned.

Back