Logo

aq125 carb upgrade?

bari_09

I have been looking for a float for the carb on this thing and i cannot find one anywear! Just rebuild kits without the float, and the float is what is broken on mine. I have found a twin carb set up for a aq130 for really cheap though. would that work on my motor? or is there a replacement carb that may work better for that application?

The float in the 130 carbs will work in the 125. Both are Solex down drafts and really no diff in the carbs at all. There is really no replacement that will work better than the downdraft.

The float in the 130 carbs will work in the 125. Both are Solex down drafts and really no diff in the carbs at all. There is really no replacement that will work better than the downdraft.
so what about the twin carb set up on the aq130? Would that be worth givin a shot? I mean more air, more fuel, more power is the way i look at it. but i am a little leary cause i have never had twin carbs on anything, one carb is a big enough pain sometimes. :p

so what about the twin carb set up on the aq130? Would that be worth givin a shot? I mean more air, more fuel, more power is the way i look at it. but i am a little leary cause i have never had twin carbs on anything, one carb is a big enough pain sometimes. :p

If you want to install a dual carb system, then you may want to upgrade the cam as well. Your engine has an A cam, you may want a V or a K. Then, the engine would become virtually an AQ140 without an oil cooler. However, as boatdoc said, you will need an intake manifold as well if yo want to go that way.

Then, of course, comes the problem of synchronizing and tuning the two carbs...

The cheapest way would be to keep your engine with a single carb, but I don't know for sure if the floats from the AQ130 will fit yours (they probably will). Just keep in mind that the jets are different, so if the float can be transplanted you should have your current carb back to the original specification.

Back