Logo

. aq120b no spark any help would be appreciated

Robert duncan

Hello, I have a aq120b that is in a Bayliner Mutiny. Its a great boat from my memories of having one 30 years ago when I lived in the San Juan Islands specifically Orcas Island in the Pacific Northwest. I actually picked up this boat off a guy who needed to get rid of it because he had airfare to Hawaii in two days. The sad thing is it was his father's boat who had past away a couple days earlier. So anyways I told him I would buy it site unseen and I would Towe the boat off their property. When I arrived and servayed the boat it looked very good like someone had put some time and money into it a couple years ago and then nothing just parked it in the weather which is not ideal in the greater Seattle area. I was Pretty stoked thinking it might have some life left in her. And when we were doing the paperwork the guy said you know what you are doing us a good thing by so just take it as a gift. Then I was totally stoked. So that is the history of how I got the boat.
So It looked to me like the motor was new rebuilt just because of the lack of extensive rust and mold. I looked like someone put a bunch of $$$$into it Took it to the lake and it broke down which piste the owner off. The boat was sitting cickeyed on the trailer like someone threw it on the trailer Upset If you know what I mean. I could tell what that day was like on that boat. Beer cans and a lot of cigarettes but plus very clean and detailed. So it broke down the guy through it in the trailer towed it home with the intent to clean it up later then covid hit and it sat for two years.
After a deap cleaning. I replaced the battery, Spayed foggy and oil in the cylinders cleaned the Clean the carburetor Drained and put new fuel Put new fuel in it re keyed it. Changed lower oil. Changed engine oil. Checked compression 120. I can't figure out what to do next. It doesn't have spark. Would it be the coil and how do you check them?

Back