Logo

AQ 145B reset problems

fmorey

My AQ145B intermittently shuts down...the reset button doesn't seem to reset as it should and solve the problem. This has been a reoccurring problem. I have cleaned all connections checked the ground etc. It comes back after waiting and checking conditions. Possibly a faulty sender...
Is there a way to jump the reset? It certainly is not a confidence builder with random shut downs.
Thanks for any ideas...

Last edited:
Reset button? If you are talking about the thermal overload resettable fuse (red button in the back), if it trips is because it is either faulty or because you have a short or a leak to ground somewhere. So your two solutions (depending on what causes the problem) are to either replace the resettable fuse or find where the short or ground is.

It could also be that the problem has nothing to do with that "reset button".

When it is working all gauges work so I don't think it's a faulty sender. When it trips there is no spark and the gauges are all dead. Is there a way to jump the resettable fuse?
Thanks for your help.

You could, in a pinch, just jump between the two posts on the back of the breaker but it's there for a purpose and it's likley doing it's job. This is only if your stuck on the lake and can't figure anything else out. Electrical does stink when burning!!!!!

Thanks, It turns out El Pescador was correct it was another problem...I traced it to the dash panel, it was the fuse holder on the dash. It looks like the spring failed and would shut the ignition down when shaken, the fuse was OK. I switched the fuse holder between port and stbd engine which was fine and there it was! How many times it is something very simple, but well hidden.
Thanks for the help it is so great to have input.

Check those seemingly innocent little push fuse holders!!

Back