Logo

Any ideas on where to find an older BF75 water jacket cover

Pscm

Had a few other posts going and successfully got a 1998 BF75 running well. It had been neglected relative to living in saltwater and was not flushed, probably ever and was full of sand/dirt. The water jacket area on both sides of the thermostat were corroded. I built back up with JB weld but it is not holding well primarily due to surface area. It will work for now but would really like to replace the water jacket P/N 19360-ZW!-000ZA. It is a discontinued part and I can't find one anywhere I have been looking and calling around to the salvage yards. Any ideas where one might find one?

I also thought about milling a hat sleeve which would also require milling the jacket. Once I start down this rabbit hole there is no turning back.

On a side note I am a bit baffled why this is one of the few parts they quit making knowing the life of these engines.

Your location ?-----Is this the 2 cylinder 7.5 HP ------The just make so many spares and when they are gone they are gone.-----No one would start making these again.

So it's a BF75a, and it shares all of the block parts with the 90hp engine (BF90a).

May depend on how bad you want one, but how about considering buying a block with the part you need attached for 200.?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/113933031529?hash=item1a86f01869:g:KRMAAOSw2gxY0Wvq

I've bought a few parts from this seller without any trouble if that's worth anything....

Blocks are not the easiest thing to sell, maybe contact him to see if he'd be willing to pull the cover for you?

Good suggestion. The ad shown doesn’t have the part I need on it. I have several friends across the country checking less advertised shops. I am in Maine by the way.

If the 3rd picture in that link doesn't show the part you're after clearly, then I'm not sure what part you're after....

These guys piecing out these motors are used to shipping parts all over creation.

Some parts of Maine can be stupid expensive to ship to. I know that. You're going to need to let them know/remind them of that and make sure they get a quote to your zip code. It's not something you run into every day....

Last edited:
Duh, I feel stupid. You are correct that is the part. I live in an area of Maine that is reasonable to ship unless it is of course big and bulky.

As I look at the seller, one of my friends hooked me up with a shop in MO and he turned me onto Strouds. They weren’t open today but I will call on Tuesday.

Back