Logo

alternating situation

Perhaps you can fit an alternator from a small Chinese car.----No idea what tools , material and ambition you have.----Why do you feel that this charging generator is not sufficient.-----How did this motor work for you last season ?

Perhaps you can fit an alternator from a small Chinese car.----No idea what tools , material and ambition you have.----Why do you feel that this charging generator is not sufficient.-----How did this motor work for you last season ?

Thought about the small car type, can fab and tool pretty much anything, last year it ran great but had an issue with the lower unit releasing the forward gear under full throttle. book tells me it needs 12 volt to work properly. after sitting/fishing all day with the radio on i figured the batt was getting low, (havent determined how low an hour of use drains it yet) anyhow, book also stated it doesint charge under 1500rpm, hence the smaller pulley idea, if it thinks its above 1500 that cold be the simple fix, but finding a pully could be a problem.

You need to repair the slipping clutch spring / hub.----Need to verify that the generator is working.----Does the starter work properly after fishing all day with radio on ?----Have your assistant check voltage on battery at full throttle.----What does your ammeter ( part of electramatic wiring ) show?-----Your location ??

Last edited:
Also we don't know what prop has been fit. It may have a dampened hub, which may cause slip when heavy acceleration or top speed. Will low dc power cause slippage? If it's enough to crank the starter, should be enough to keep it in gear. I have a cheap solar panel to put in the boat to aid in charging.

OP states that the slippage is at full throttle. That DC generator has no problem putting out a full 10 Amps at anywhere over half throttle, limited by the regulator. Running it faster won't change that. Or are we talking about put-putting around at idle speed all day?

There is an easy fix for those when they jump out of gear on acceleration.----If you keep running it you may require the new parts.-----

There is an easy fix for those when they jump out of gear on acceleration.----If you keep running it you may require the new parts.-----Parts are about 1/2 price today , right here on this site.

Back